Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Serger

Sorry It's been a while. I have been so busy with school, work and looking for a new serger. 
Mine has been acting funny latlely, so I decided to take in to have it serviced. The only thing is that the shop is so backed up that it will take about a month to fix it. I decided that with the fashion business expanding, I did not want to be left hanging, so I did the best thing I could do, I bought a new one. It's a little fancier the old Bernina one I have. It's a Pfaff Coverlock 4852. That's right it has a coverlock feature so I can do that now. A coverlock stitch is generally  used in garments and it is marked by a tight overlock stitch on the back and a straight stich on the front. It is seen a lot in t-shirts and jeans. It's taking a lot of time to get used to the threading, adjusting the tension, stitch length, stitch width, changing the needles etc. But it is produces a more professional stitch compared to my old serger. 

So that is what I have been up to for the past week. I also redesigned the website. I will try not to wait so long for the next post. Here's the new Diana Ross dress. 

1 comment: